You may also help
Priests of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Moldova
Parishs in Moldova
Established in 1749 church was founded by Lubomirscy family. In 1791 it was consecrate by archbishop Tumanowicz. Since about 1932 the church was closed and was designated a cereal store. After II World War priests from Kiszyniow and Ukraine were working there. Since 1990 at parishs were working from parish Sloboda-Raszkow: Father Jan Rudnicki and Father Henryk Soroka SCJ. In 1994 came Father Piotr Kuszman SCJ who worked there as a pastor till 2001 and in 2001 Father Marcin Janu¶ SCJ have become the pastor of parish - he is still the pastor of the parish.
The existence of parish in Sloboda-Raszkow has its beginning in prayers meetings of catholic at their private houses. The building of church was started in 70th, previous century, but it was not finished because the authorities stopped it and the church was destroyed. For the second time the building was started in 1987 and it was finished three years later. On 29 of July 1990 it was consecrate by Father Nikuszt, the bishop from Ryga. Since 1987 in priesthood was involved Father Jan Rudnicki. In 1990 Father Henryk Soroka SCJ has come to the parish, he has become the pastor and he attend this char till now.
The beginning of parish's community was in 1815, when polish from Galicja, Jampol and Kamieniec Podolski have come on this area. In 1817 the building of church was finished, it was founded by Kozuchowski. The church called Saint Jozef was consecrate by bishop Lubowiecki in 1892. The Temple was function till 1933 and as long as it was not closed belonged to Kamieniec Podolski Diocese. After II World War it was destroyed, the last of its pastor was Father Antoni Vedegis, who died in 1937. At the present his grave occurs on cemetery by new builded church. After II World War in priesthood were involved priests from Kiszyniow and Ukraina. Service was performed at cemetery chapel, which in 1963 was destroyed as well. Since 1987 Father Jan Rudnicki was taking care about parishioners. The priesthood char was carried on in private houses of Rybnica's occupants. In 1990 the building of church and parish's house was beginning. In 1992 Priests of the Sacred Heart of Jesus started to work in parish and building was carrying on by Father Tadeusz Magierowski SCJ, the present pastor of parish. At 10 anniversary of setting up structure in Moldawian church and 70 years from old temple closing the primate of Poland cardinal Jozef Glemp has consecrate new builded church on 9 of October 2003. In 2005 in village Iwanowka building of Fatima's Lady was started.
The history of the Bendery churches is complex and very dramatic.
© SCJ - MUK